Dr. Maurizio Viel obtained his medical degree at the University of Milan, Italy, followed by residency of 5 years in the Department of Plastic and Maxillo Facial Surgery in the University Hospital in Monza and finished his studies in aesthetic plastic surgery in London, UK. With fellowship of 6 months with Dr. F. Nicolle, sponsored by ISAPS and IPRS. He has been practicing as a plastic surgeon on Harley Street, with his twin brother, Dr. Roberto Viel since 1990 and started Dubai in 2008. Dr. Maurizio is a regular speaker at international aesthetic congresses as he is one of the world’s most recognised cosmetic surgeons and beauty specialist and is co-author of the sold out ‘The Viel’s Beauty Bible’. For more than 20 years, the twin brothers have been responsible for pioneering and introducing most of the plastic surgery procedures that are available today making them sought after not only by patients but by medical corporations to help train other surgeons and doctors globally.
Dr. Maurizio was among the first surgeons to introduce into the market the highly demanded Ultrasound liposuction procedure used all over the world; and they also pioneered techniques for the penoplasty procedure in Europe and Middle East; and they have also been at the forefront of breast augmentation procedures and facial rejuvenation. Always striving to offer patients the best and latest procedures but reducing downtime and discomfort, Dr. Maurizio Viel has always pushed boundaries for patient care but with the best possible natural results and is now working actively in the development of Adipose Stem Cell (ADSC) treatment.
- License to practice Plastic Surgery in Dubai Healthcare City and Dubai Health Authority.
- Certificate of Full Registration as Medical Practitioner in UK and Ireland
- Certified as a specialist in Maxillo Facial Surgery, University of Milan, Italy
- Former Q-MED and GALDERMA consultant
- Official Trainer for IPSEN/ Dysport
Fellowships and Memberships
- Emirates Plastic Surgery Society
- Societa di Chirugia Estetica Italiana
- Societa Italiana di Chirugia Maxillo-Facciale
- International Academy of Aesthetic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine
- Sociedad Argentina de Lipoplastia, Honorary Member
- Royal Society of Medicine, London
- Fellowship in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery by International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee for IPSEN / Dysport