Morphology ultrasound is usually done between 20 and 23 weeks gestation to evaluate:
- To diagnose multiple pregnancies, if this is your first scan.
- A detailed anatomical survey evaluating structural abnormalities, even though some may not be sen or develop later in pregnancy.
- Evaluate the position of the placenta.
- A transvaginal scan is rarely done for cervical length measurements with prior risk factors, or for Vasa Previa evaluation.
- full bladder for an abdominal scan and emptied bladder for transvaginal scans are helpful.
A normal scan is not a guarantee of the delivery of a perfect baby.
Our center has physicians with decades of experience in this field and only they perform such an evaluation or you will be referred to our trusted centers.