Cervicitis is a quite common condition that is described as inflammation of the cervix.
Sexually transmited Cervicitis Cause:
- Genital herpes
- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma
Other Cervicitis Causes:
- Chemical allergies, such as to latex condoms, spermicides, or douches
- Low estrogen or high progesterone levels
- Bacterial vaginosis
Some cancers or treatments for cancer
- Cervicitis Symptoms
- Abnormal bleeding (specially postcoital)
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic pain
- Gray or yellowish vaginal discharge
- Frequent, difficult, or painful urination
- Cervicitis Treatment
- Antibiotic course
- Antiviral treatment
- Anti-fungal therapy
Your partner needs screening and treatment with a two week recommended pelvic rest.
Normal Vaginal Discharges:
Through the normal course of the menstrual cycle, women’s vaginas can produce a discharge. It is usually a clear or cloudy white discharge and is produced in order to clean itself.
Vaginal discharge concerns:
- Changes in vaginal discharge
- Pain during sex
- Itching, burning, stinging, swelling, or tenderness in the vagina
- Burning while urinating
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast infections
- Allergic reactions
Bacterial Vaginosis vs. Yeast Infection
These two conditions are due to an imbalance of normal microorganisms found in your vagina.
Yeast infection: usually result in itching or burning and white discharge that resembles cottage cheese.
Bacterial vaginosis: causeS a fishy odor, and discharge that has the consistency of yogurt.